Central Middle School strives to meet the unique intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs of students who are in a critical period of their lives as they move from childhood to adolescence. The staff at CMS is committed to collaborating with the community to create and maintain a safe, nurturing, and effective learning environment so all members of the learning community are supported. Our learning community will implement research based student centered activities that utilize individual learning styles so that all will demonstrate success.
Our vision is to partner parents with the learning community to provide a safe and effective learning environment that meets the needs of all students. Together, we will ensure students will experience academic growth and demonstrate increasingly responsible choices.
- Family involvement is a key to helping students achieve.
- Every member of the learning community is responsible for learning.
- Every student can learn and learns uniquely and at her/his own pace.
- Every member of the learning community deserves a safe, nurturing, and effective learning environment.
- Achievement goals must be set for individuals and the learning community.
- Cultural understanding is important.
- Our learning community can work together to ensure student learning and achievement.